Create Your Own Photo Backdrop
To create your own photo backdrop you’ll need three major things; time, supplies, and a creative mind! If you’re looking to make a photo backdrop for your next party, whatever it may be – don’t stress! This step-by-step DIY photo backdrop will help you prepare and create a unique party decoration that every guest will enjoy.
Check out the guide below to get started!
Go to your local Home Depot, you can ask them to cut your PVC pipes for you. These are the sizes you need to tell them to cut:
2 – 6ft long 1.25″ pipes
2- 7 ft long 1.25″ pipes
4 – 1.5 ft long 1.25″ pipes
This should total 4 pipes you need to purchase. They usually come in 10ft lengths. Cut the 1.5ft long pieces from what is left from the 7ft cut. With the remaining 4ft lengths you have left from the 6ft cuts, cut two 3″ pieces.
Putting It Together
- Use the two elbow connections to attach one 6 ft piece to the two 7ft pieces.
- Add a “T” connection to the bottom of each 7ft piece, with the middle part facing in towards the rest of the backdrop.
- Insert the two 3″ pipes in the bottom of the “T” connections.
- This will connect to the 2nd set of “T” connections.
- Attach the other two “T” connectors to the 3″ piece that’s sticking out (try & get it to stick out about 1.5″). Attach them to where the long portion is parallel to the floor.
- Stick one 1.5ft piece of pipe in either end of the “T” connector.
- Add a 6ft piece to the bottom of the backdrop. You can connect it by using the first “T” connector you attached.
- At this point, your backdrop should resemble the picture above. You can add some caps on the end of the two “legs,” if you’d like.
Time to Get Creative
Now that you have the base of your backdrop finished, the fun begins! What is the backdrop being used for? Baby shower, engagement party, a birthday, graduation? Whatever your event is, take elements from the events theme to decorate. If you’re throwing a bridal shower, consider hanging tule, paper flowers and twinkle lights. Check out some of these creative backdrops below for inspo!
Rustic & Romantic
Balloons & Banners
Full of Florals
We hope this post has helped you with your DIY backdrop project. Remember, if you’re planning an event contact us at O’Connell Gardens!